• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceased person - copyright purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieswife2b

England
Hi, wasn't sure where to go with this one. Basically my uncle passed away 5 years ago and he filmed speedway as his job, not that he made a great deal. I have been approached by someone wanting the copyright for £200, he has already asked for YouTube to remove videos put up by others. I don't have any of the clips so I am really at a loss on what I am signing over. He says he does DVDs but friends / family are saying that is old hat and he wants to put it online. I am at a total loss on what to do, could someone explain the basics to me? He rings daily and emails so is keen which is why I am a bit reluctant to hand over anything. Thank you in advance

quincy

The copyright laws in the U.S. vary in some significant ways from the copyright laws in England. FreeAdvice handles U.S. law questions only.

For help, you will need to seek out an IP attorney in your area of the world.

Sorry. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">