• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceased spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amykura

What is the name of your state? Texas- My husband passed away three years ago, and I have known that there was stock in his name for some time. He died at only 33 and did not have a will. What can I do to get the stock transferred into my name?

BelizeBreeze

amykura said:
What is the name of your state? Texas- My husband passed away three years ago, and I have known that there was stock in his name for some time. He died at only 33 and did not have a will. What can I do to get the stock transferred into my name?
Did you ever file probate?
Are the stocks in a JOINT account with you "...with rights of suvivorship"?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BelizeBreeze said:
Did you ever file probate?
Are the stocks in a JOINT account with you "...with rights of suvivorship"?

My response:

Belize, our writer is from Texas. She's probably scratching her head wondering what that word "probate" means, and trying to figure out if it's a legal word, or a sexual word.

Also, she probably has other property of his, still in his name; e.g., car, bank account, house, etc., besides the stock.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Belize, our writer is from Texas. She's probably scratching her head wondering what that word "probate" means, and trying to figure out if it's a legal word, or a sexual word.

Also, she probably has other property of his, still in his name; e.g., car, bank account, house, etc., besides the stock.

IAAL
Or has already converted such ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">