• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceptive Orthodontist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jb8849

Utah - Last November, I called my children's orthodontist and asked how much braces would cost for my second son. They quoted me a figure and a downpayment. This May, I paid the downpayment because we were going to begin treatment in July.

However, my ex interrupted the summer schedule and we pushed back the start date to September. I never signed a contract with the orthodontist. Now, they're telling me the $750 deposit isn't adequate (only $500 was required with my first son) and the price has nearly doubled! I asked for my deposit back and told them that I would pay everything in full when we start treatment, which will now be next year because of the costs associated (if I even work with them - I have an appointment with another ortho for a second opinion and price).

I sent them a letter last week requesting my deposit and they refuse to refund my deposit even though there's no contract. What should I do now??

P

PerplexedOne

You should be able to call and get your deposit refunded.
If the Orthodontist doesn't return your money then you should be able to call the ADA in your state and make a complaint.

Im not a lawyer but I have worked in the dental field for 16 years. If no treatment has been started then your deposit should be refunded. If they have already taken casts and models and such then part of it may not be refunded. Chances are the Orthodontist doesn't even know this problem exists unless you have spoke to him personally. The front office "gals" might be the whole problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">