• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceptive trade practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsmarty

What is the name of your state? texas, is our home im disabled with a neuromuscklar disease, we had bought a house on the water and worked on it and loved it! i was unable to continue to keep upkeep on our home,my husband works as much as possible to pay medical bills. we put it on the market, and a single female wanted it, immediatly!, only wanting to pay 2,000 down. told her no [we didn't think she could handle the work needed on the house,] anyway we got her up to 5,000 down,continued to tell her no, but she came all the way up to the asking price of 50,000, we had to sell it then, we thought it so odd that she looked only a little bit at the house, i did talk to her to tell her what needed to be done and we gave her extra time to pay first note. now she wants to sue us for deceptive trade practice, says the house needs too much work well duhh this is why we sold it. what should we do

HomeGuru

mrsmarty said:
What is the name of your state? texas, is our home im disabled with a neuromuscklar disease, we had bought a house on the water and worked on it and loved it! i was unable to continue to keep upkeep on our home,my husband works as much as possible to pay medical bills. we put it on the market, and a single female wanted it, immediatly!, only wanting to pay 2,000 down. told her no [we didn't think she could handle the work needed on the house,] anyway we got her up to 5,000 down,continued to tell her no, but she came all the way up to the asking price of 50,000, we had to sell it then, we thought it so odd that she looked only a little bit at the house, i did talk to her to tell her what needed to be done and we gave her extra time to pay first note. now she wants to sue us for deceptive trade practice, says the house needs too much work well duhh this is why we sold it. what should we do
**A: since you have no written contract and everything was verbal, there was no deal. Provided that what you are selling is real property and not just a mobile home with no land.

M

mrsmarty

thanks for the reply, we did have a contract, it was handled by our realtor.

M

mrsmarty

Thank's, you know we were just talking about the realtor, and why she hasn't contacted us anymore, they are suing her the office she works for.hmmmm. i am glad that we had the foresite to take pictures. they plainly show the house isen't finished, judge hopefully will throw it out!!! thanks mrsmarty

HomeGuru

mrsmarty said:
Thank's, you know we were just talking about the realtor, and why she hasn't contacted us anymore, they are suing her the office she works for.hmmmm. i am glad that we had the foresite to take pictures. they plainly show the house isen't finished, judge hopefully will throw it out!!! thanks mrsmarty
**A: you are welcome and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">