• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

decrease in pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Envirogrrrl

My husband works for an independently owned Ford dealership. He was recently promoted with an increase in pay. After 2 weeks of his new posistion, he has been informed that he will be recieving a cut in pay. Is this allowed? Can they just cut his pay for no reason?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Stacy is correct; the only thing I would add is that he must be given prior notice of the change. It's okay if he comes in and they tell him that effective today his new rate will be lower (and it's even more okay if he comes in and they tell him that next week or next month his new rate will be lower) but it's not okay if they tell him when he's clocking out that his rate was changed for the hours he already put in that day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">