• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dedt Collector Calling Me At Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjbcheer

What is the name of your state? Florida

I work at a nursing and rehab facility and I am a nurse. I rent a couch and my computer from Rent-A-Center, about two months ago they called my work to tell me that my payment was 2-3 days late but I am not aloud to get personal phone calls so the receptionist gave the call to my manager and my manager told them not to call again. Then today (8-22-2005) the receptionist paged over the intercom for me to pick up the phone and it was a guy from Rent-A-Center telling me that my payment was do on 8-20-2005 and wanted to know if I would be in tonight to pay them. I told him I would be in tomorrow and I hung up. I knew if the receptionist knew who it was that she would not of gave me the call, so I called her and asked her what he had said when she answered the phone. She said that he told her that he wanted to speak to me so that he can give me report. Which in working in a nursing home it is not uncommon for another nurse from another facility to call with a report about a new patient that I may be getting from their facility. So basically he pretended to be a nurse to get me on the phone, is that legal? Also, if my manager told him not to call again is it legal for him to continue to call?

YOU must tell them IN writing, RRR not to call you at work again. Don;t expect others to take care of business for you.

cjbcheer

Debt Collector Calling Me At Work

When I was reading the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act it said that you can inform them verbally or in writing. And isnt it better for my manager to tell them not to call then for me to?

Tayla

First and foremost- the original creditor- which is this Rentacenter place is allowed to call you! The debt collector regulations do NOT apply in this circumstance. Now with that out of the way, may I suggest paying a few days in advance from the due date so as to deter such calls at work. Most of these rental places even do automatic debit transactions that are linked to an account you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">