• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deductable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil96

What is the name of your state? VA
I was living in VA (I now live in Germany) This claim happened last summer. But this is what I am concerned with now . I went back to visit my old apt in January, the new girl had been collecting my mail, I had several registered letters sent there from the insurance company, which I had already changed my address to my sisters with. But I couldn't get any of them, too much time had passed. Anyway when I got back home (germany) I called and changed my address to here. That is when they started sending letters to my sisters house! So I get 2 checks from the company both stating they were a deductable, I deposit them only to have one of them returned!!! So I had already spent that money, plus now a $35 bounced check fee. I have called every day this week asking for assistance with this, the first few times people said they didn'T understand because the company had sent this check out many times. Although never sending a cancellation of the first check notice. What can I do? They have told me when this happened before (why isn'T anyone checking this??) they would send out a bounced check reimbursement, but that is all. I feel that that is not good enough, oh yea, that still have not been able to help with getting the back apparently no one actually knows how. On the back of my statements it says it is a crime to knowingly provide false or misleading information to an insurnace company, I feel that they provided false and misleading info and never contacted me to straighten it out. What sort of charges can I file against this?
I thought maybe Better Business Burea and a credit agency, because that is what a store would do if you wrote them a bad check. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">