• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deductible question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

California

I was in an accident where another car t-boned me on my passenger side door. She has Geico. I have State Farm. Her insurance took full responsibility for the accident. I took my car in to have repair work done and I just got a text message from the repair shop telling me my car should be done today. It went on to say that I'll need to bring in $500 for the deductible when I come. Why would I need to pay a deductible when I went through the other driver's insurance to have the repairs done. This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone tell me if this is proper?

LdiJ

California

I was in an accident where another car t-boned me on my passenger side door. She has Geico. I have State Farm. Her insurance took full responsibility for the accident. I took my car in to have repair work done and I just got a text message from the repair shop telling me my car should be done today. It went on to say that I'll need to bring in $500 for the deductible when I come. Why would I need to pay a deductible when I went through the other driver's insurance to have the repairs done. This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone tell me if this is proper?
I suspect that it is an error on the part of the repair shop. My guess is that the repair shop is assuming that your insurance is the one covering the repairs, rather than the other party's insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">