• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deductibles and co-pays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

During our modification hearing it was decided that both myself and son's father would care insurance on kiddo and that the cost for both would be a wash and not factored into the CS amount. All was good.

Recently, I have been receiving bills for son's care and also have had to pay prescription copays when there use to not be. Just found out that father switched from a traditional insurance plan to an HSA with a $7500 deductible.

I forwarded his father the receipts and all the necessary EOB's etc, showing that the copays were being applied to his deductible but that I have gone ahead and paid them as the bills were addressed to me and want to stay in good standing with the providers. His father is now asking to only re-imburse me by the percentage of our CS responsibilty and I feel that it is not fair as it is getting applied to HIS family's deductible and my insurance is paying the majority (I pay higher premiums for that security).

How are any of you handling this and am I wrong to request the full amount that I have paid since his old plan that he told the judge he was providing would have picked up the cost at 100% and will again once the deductible is met.

Anyone?

Thank you!

terp

to clarify.

our order didn't discuss any out of pocket expenses because with the insurance that we were both paying forat the time of the hearing, there would be ZERO out of pocket expenses. That is why the judge went ahead and did not factor in the insurance premiums into support. We were both paying premiums and both enjoyed no copays.

terp

I understand Ohiogal but I do not want to put him in defense mode by doing that. I am trying to work with him and keep the costs (court/attorney) down. If I have to, I will.

Until then......

Am I wrong to request him to pay 100% of the copays as they are being applied to his family's deductible AND there use to be none?

I feel morally he should but I know that is not always what is legally right.....

Thoughts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">