• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deduction of time sheet hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rachel88

North Carolina

I work part-time as a pottery coordinator for a non-profit. There was a misunderstanding about what days of the week I was supposed to be working and ended up working an extra 9.5 hours. I keep track of my hours on a time sheet. My employer is refusing to pay me for those 9.5 because I was not schedual to work. The work is strenuous (grinding shelves, loading kilns, cleaning etc.) And because I am the only one keeping track of hours, they claim they have no record of me working And removed those hours from the time sheet I turned in. The total compensation for those hours worked would come a little over $75. Is what they did legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">