• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed/Title Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deedee2325

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am listed as the grantee on a quit claim deed to my current residence which has been recorded in the public records. Is there anything additional I need to do to ensure I have clear title to the property or is recordation in itself enough?

Also, I do not have the original quit claim deed that was signed and acknowledged (only a copy from Probate court). Will this pose any type of problem if I decide to sell or convey the property in the future (not sure this is important but just checking anyway)?

Any helpful info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

HomeGuru

deedee2325 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am listed as the grantee on a quit claim deed to my current residence which has been recorded in the public records. Is there anything additional I need to do to ensure I have clear title to the property or is recordation in itself enough?

Also, I do not have the original quit claim deed that was signed and acknowledged (only a copy from Probate court). Will this pose any type of problem if I decide to sell or convey the property in the future (not sure this is important but just checking anyway)?

Any helpful info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

**A: you should order a title report as recordation of a quit claim deed does not automatically give you clear title. Recordation only give you whatever title interest the Grantor had in the property. Thus if there wre any encumbrances, liens, mortgages, notice of pendency actions etc. already on title prior to the transfer to you, they would all remain on title as they are part of and attached to the quit claimed interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">