• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaelbe

What is the name of your state? NY
The deed of my property, is joint tenant w.r.s. , but the lawyer just add this words to the document, it was not typed, and it is registered like that, but my doubt is , it is legal , or it will be contested for it. Thanks for your answer.

HomeGuru

jaelbe said:
What is the name of your state? NY
The deed of my property, is joint tenant w.r.s. , but the lawyer just add this words to the document, it was not typed, and it is registered like that, but my doubt is , it is legal , or it will be contested for it. Thanks for your answer.
**A: did the notary public initial by the words written in handwriting?

jaelbe

Is the deed valid

Is the deed is executed and notarized, even, the lawyer forgot to initial, I can consider it is valid, or not. Thanks for your answer.

nextwife

As far as I know, a handwritten item on a deed is no less valid than a typed item. A "changed item" must indeed be initialed, but if the deed was signed with the item on there and the wording was not added later, then I do not believe the mere fact that the words were handritten invalidates the deed. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong. Seems that the deed was accepted as written and then executed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">