• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation case defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IHSKA

Ontario

I had enrolled my daughter in a daycare, but unfortunately I lost my job days before joining back after maternity leave. So I called the daycare to enquire about the return policy. She refused as it was not in her policy. We agreed on no refund and i asked her that okay I would like to send my daughter then as I have already paid the advance. She refused. I posted the same on Facebook on a group to ask advise in this situation. And the owner of the daycare now accuses me of defamation. She accuses me of business loss with proof of an existing client leaving as they found a place closer to their house. Please let me know my options.

quincy

FreeAdvice handles US law questions only - and defamation laws in the US vary by state.

If you are located in Ontario, Canada, you should consult with an attorney in Canada. Defamation laws in Canada are not the same as they are in the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">