• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladycat

What is the name of your state? California

I had a open worker comp case and the defendant attorney has been slandering my name and saying thing about me from the first time she saw me and she continue to slander my name she told my attorney assistant that I was a fraud and that they will not be paying out my future medical . the Law Firm has done this before by lying to a doctor and has cause great harm to me by lying I just found out that attorney is telling peoples the I was in public calling her names and that I filed some kind of paperwork on her and I haven't seen this woman in over 6 years now my worker comp attorney is telling that he can no longer help me because it a civil matter . I want to know how can I stop that attorney from lying on me and slandering my names. I need help.

quincy

What is the name of your state? California

I had a open worker comp case and the defendant attorney has been slandering my name and saying thing about me from the first time she saw me and she continue to slander my name she told my attorney assistant that I was a fraud and that they will not be paying out my future medical . the Law Firm has done this before by lying to a doctor and has cause great harm to me by lying I just found out that attorney is telling peoples the I was in public calling her names and that I filed some kind of paperwork on her and I haven't seen this woman in over 6 years now my worker comp attorney is telling that he can no longer help me because it a civil matter . I want to know how can I stop that attorney from lying on me and slandering my names. I need help.
I suggest that you discuss with an attorney in your area the other attorney's comments and behavior. This attorney will be able to tell you what your options are. A cease and desist letter could be something to consider, depending on facts, as could a complaint to the State Bar.

Good luck.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do understand that it's the defendant attorney's job to make the court believe you're not entitled to benefits, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">