• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation or negiglence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I received a letter in washington d.c. from an attorney located in Boston, Ma. The attorney accused me of filing a child abuse complaint against someone. The information was false. I contacted social services and they claim that they never told the attorney I filed a child abuse complaint. There was a child abuse complaint filed against this person, but the child's school intiated the complaint, not me.

Can I sue the attorney for defamation and/or negligence.

[Edited by keekee on 05-30-2001 at 07:23 AM]



Dear Keekee:

At this stage, probably not. If you continue to receive letters from the attorney, then you may be able to charge him/her with harassment. Also, consider contacting the state bar and filing a complaint, as this sounds unethical to me.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential