• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

understandingme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
I worked for almost three years with a company that got boughten out and my job status changed. It became more physical and I could not keep up with my jobs anymore and it became a safety issue. So I had to quit before I got myself into a position to where I hurt myself or got fired for some ridiculous reason. I left with good feelings with my former boss of two years though the last boss I had previously to me leaving was not a good friend of mine. He was the only one in the company that didn't like me cause I came into it making more money then he did. I even came around the corner one day hearing a finishing conversation that he got rid of one guy and there was only one more to go. He didn't say the name but he did say it was a girl. There was only two girls that worked there. Me and another, the other was a super good friend of his and so I knew it was me.

It didn't bother me cause I was good at my job so I didn't fear it. Even when he tried getting me into positions that he hoped I failed at, it ended coming back on him cause I followed ever letter of the rules and he had to take blame on a job he sent me on. So I quit and thought ok he got his wish all should be good. My other boss of two years gave me a great letter of recommendation. Well for two years I couldn't get a job, it's just past actually and lately I found that things didn't add up. I emailed my former boss and found he no longer was there.

I had someone else call the number on the reference and this guy said lies about me and now I know why no one will hire me. His words dumbfounded me on how someone would be so cruel to ruin my life like this. I gave my blood, sweat and tears to this job with great devotion. I made the only logical decision to quit for fear of hurting myself cause of my job being over whelming physical. The job even called me when I quit to get unemployment but they even lied to them to which didn't make sense. I don't understand how someone can do this to another person.

It's totally unethical and has made me have to sale my house and just about become homeless. I can't even get a lower level job anywhere. I'm frustrated and dismayed. I've never been this long out of work in my whole entire life. Can someone tell me is it legal for someone to say things that are not true? and what can I do about it. Thank you

seniorjudge

Well, you didn't give us any facts, but it's a tad difficult for me to believe this person's lies are so powerful.

But, if you think they are, hire a good defamation lawyer and sue him.

Shouldn't take more than $10K and three or four years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">