• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GambbittPA

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Someone left a message on the feedback forum on ebay stating:

"
Complaint: After Seller received my payment, NO response to my mail and phone, no product.

Response by ******** - Was out of country for one week and had informed her of it. Have completed sale

Follow-up by ********* - Never be informed.Very Rude.Call my names & sent over 30 insulting mails to me
"

Since this buyer was a complete B*%&* I left a followup remark on the feedback I had left her and at the end of it all the feedback stated this:

"
Praise : Good Customer Quick Payment!
Follow-up by ******* - ***BEWARE*** Terrible followup communication!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS!!!!!!!
Response by ******* - Seller threaten me if I told the truth what he did,he would give me one, here is
"

This buyer is oriental and she doesn't have the greatest grasp on the english language but anyway... I did not send over thirty insulting e-mails. I did respond to e-mails she sent to me and told her just what I thought of her and that she should go back to the third world country she came from and that she should learn how to speak enlish but I also never Threatened her. Anyway After she left these remarks I have had a much harder time selling things on ebay. Before her remarks I sold an item for over just over 400.00 USD and after them I only got 211.00 USD for the exact same item (only about a week and a half of time had passed) Also I never had to list my items more than once before they would sell but as soon as she left her remarks i found that i would have to list items two and three times before they would sell. Needless to say I have incurred financial damages due to her remarks.

So my question is do I have a case for Defamation of character?
I tried to resolve the issue through mediation but she refused to take it seriously. Would I be able to include the mediation fees in my suit? Thanks for any help

-Gambbitt

Last edited:

G

GambbittPA

One more thing

Also she never mailed me anything. She e-mailed me multiple times while I was out of the country but she never sent me any actual mail. I know since she is so stupid and cant speak english she probably meant to say e-mail but she didn't! So does that help my case at all?
Ok Well thanks again.

Also if I am unable to sue her does anyone have any good ideas as to how I could just make her life miserable?? She REALLLY pisses me off I just cant stand her.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Most of the FreeAdvice contributors, including Senior contributors, like myself, no longer involve ourselves with E-Bay problems.

Good luck.

IAAL

JETX

Aw, come on.... let me do just this one...

"So my question is do I have a case for Defamation of character?"
*** No. Look at the definition of defamation and you will quickly see what it does NOT apply.

G

GambbittPA

Yea but couldn't I sue her just to make her life miserable?

Ok so I wont win the costs will be about 60 dollars or so but can't I at least make her show up in court just to piss her off?

What definition are YOU looking at?

Thanks

HomeGuru

Re: Yea but couldn't I sue her just to make her life miserable?

GambbittPA said:
Ok so I wont win the costs will be about 60 dollars or so but can't I at least make her show up in court just to piss her off?

What definition are YOU looking at?

Thanks
**A: All this over 60 freakin bucks?

H

hexeliebe

Hey HG, top of the mornin' to ya....remember, no good deed goes unpunished :D

G

GambbittPA

No.

No I meant My costs will be about an aditional 60 USD and that would be worth it to me to cause this B#%#$ some aggrivation.

H

hexeliebe

I did not send over thirty insulting e-mails. I did respond to e-mails she sent to me and told her just what I thought of her and that she should go back to the third world country she came from and that she should learn how to speak enlish but I also never Threatened her.
You're damn lucky she hasn't filed charges against you. Racial slurs, when done electronically, can very easily be used to substantiate threats against a person.

And you're also lucky you didn't say something like that to my face. You'd still be looking for your teeth.

Get lost loser. Go back under the rock you crawled out of.

G

GambbittPA

Oh Never used racial slurs so maybe you should go back to your third world country TOO!

Have a GREAT day! :D

H

hexeliebe

Hey I am pretty sure that in there somewhere they are violating the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and under the act you can sue the collection agency for a thousand dollars for each violation.
And you're the same idiot who posted this response.

You're shortlived on this forum bubba.

G

GambbittPA

Yea you bet I am

This is the most amusement I've had in MONTHS!!

Listening to self important morons who think they have any clue what they are talking about trying to "HELP" other people but instead they just put each other down in order to make themselves feel better because they are all that insecure about themselves! So I choose not to associate with people of this caliber but I do think I'll watch for a while because it's fairly amusing!

Your all such losers.

Have a GREAT day!!

H

hexeliebe

Don't be late to the next Klan meeting....might just find out they don't want you either.

dequeendistress

GambbittPA said:

Your all such losers.

Have a GREAT day!!
Nice broad statement you made there! What you have stated is your opinion and what a surprise to you; but you are not in the majority with that opinion!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">