• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS FROM FORMER EMPLOYER.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JOSE PEREZ

HELLO ADVICEPROS,I WAS SELLING ADS FOR A NEWSPAPER,ONE OF MY CLIENTS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AND DIDN'T PAY FOR THE ADS SO MY THE OWNER OF THE PAPER DECIDED TO TAKE MY COMITION MONEY FROM OTHER CLIENTS THAT I HAD SOLD ADS TO AND TOLD THEM THAT I STOLE MONEY FROM THE COMPANY,AFTER HE FIRED ME HE PLACED A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE SAME NEWSPAPER WITH A PICTURE OF ME!TELLING ALL MY CLIENTS AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL THAT I WAS NO LONGER WORKING THERE BECAUSE I WASN'T DOING MY JOB,STOLE MONEY AND WASN'T BEEN RESPONSIBLE! WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN SUED FOR SLANDER OR LIBEL,AND CAN I COLLECT MONEY FOR DAMAGES TO ME? SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT IS CALL DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. THAKS A MILLION!

W

Wilson

Sounds like libel to me. Falsely accusing someone of a crime is libel per se. But these are difficult and expensive cases to try.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Wilson's response is pretty much accurate but you should still use this site's attorney listings. Look for an attorney that handles defamation type cases. He/she may be listed under personal injury or civil rights. But check with them to be sure of your rights.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">