• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmsmitty

What is the name of your state? new york

i have a 30 yrs mortgage with only 15 years left. I can no longer maintain the necessary improvements needed on the house so that it is still liveable. i am current on my mortgage but would like to give the house back to the mortgage company without tranishing my credit too badly. i really don't want them to forclose on me. is there any other options available to me. the house is not worth what i still owe on my mortgage.

HomeGuru

kmsmitty said:
What is the name of your state? new york

i have a 30 yrs mortgage with only 15 years left. I can no longer maintain the necessary improvements needed on the house so that it is still liveable. i am current on my mortgage but would like to give the house back to the mortgage company without tranishing my credit too badly. i really don't want them to forclose on me. is there any other options available to me. the house is not worth what i still owe on my mortgage.

**A: I find it hard to believe that after 15 years, the property has not appreciated. In any case, seach your 2 options; deed in lieu of foreclosure and short sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">