• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defective product / health care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chris20

defective product/healthcare

From MI...I have a friend who has a suit pending.....auto accident claiming deffective seatbelts caused nerve damage to arm. Her lawyer says she can't seek treatment or care of a chiropracter.....it may be hazardous to her case. This doesn't seem right...her medical doctors have been unable to do anything for her since February 2000, she is unable to use her arm, can't work, is on anti-depressants for anxiety, has headaches everyday. She said no one has taken neck or back x-rays! I would want to try everthing I could to get the use of my arm back. Why can't she see the chiropracter?

[Edited by chris20 on 11-29-2000 at 10:02 AM]

P

PamSJS

Dear Chris;

It sounds as if your friend may have nerve damage in her neck, which is affecting use of her arm. She needs an MRI.

Tell him/her to consult a neurosurgeon or orthopedic spinal surgeon. Without accurate diagnosis of her injury, her chances of recovering damages are minimal.

Avoid chiropractors until all other measures have been exhausted. If there is nerve damage, chiropractic care can exacerbate the condition.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">