• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defence report? can car insurance companies use these to deny benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mustang

I live in ontario canada. was involved in auto accident in 98. In February of this year I saw a defence doctor, prior to a fusion surgery on my back. His opinion was one of a typical defence doctor siding with the car insurance and saying surgery was not recommended as there is litigation pending. I had fusion done by a surgeon at the end of February. This doctor has "revised" his report now for a third time after examining me for 5 minutes back in February. My question is can the insurance company use a defence report here in Canada to deny attandant care benefits or accident benefits? I had an Occupational Therapist come into my home after surgery to evaluate my needs and filled out the required Form 1's . The insurance company is stating that" according to their medical documentation, it is not reasonable and necessary." They were sent a copy of this report of the Occupational therapist and dont even aknowledge this report. Can a defence doctor, who was hired as such, be used as an independant assessment after the fact of being aknowledged as a defence doctor from the beginning? Can they use his report to deny benefits? I can not see how this can legally be done. any advise would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">