• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defendant is evasive. Can I motion for reimbursement of process service fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY. When can a motion for reimbursement of process service fees be made? Defendant is evading service by running away from the process server which is all recorded in affidavit of service. Multiple attempts have been made to serve and finally became successful after a couple of months.
Can I file an affidavit of service and a motion for reimbursement of process service fees at the same time?

This is a completely different case when I am a plaintiff against my former partner. It has nothing to do with the other thread on debt collection where I am a defendant.

quincy

3 actually :(((
A busy time for you.

You should have included in your complaint as part of the relief you are seeking all court costs and fees. Copies of motions must be served on the other party - and service appears to be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">