• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defendant sent answer to my complain in plain/regular mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xz2019

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I filed a civil complain against Joe, then his attorney send the answer to me in regular mail.

I think it's violating the law, what can I do to take advantage of this?

Just Blue

I filed a civil complain against Joe, then his attorney send the answer to me in regular mail.

What law do you think the attorney violated?

ETA: Please don't start a new thread for every question you have on the same basic topic. One thread is all that is necessary.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

The process for the answer is that the answer is filed with the court and a copy gets mailed to you. There is no violation of the rules that I can see from the few facts you provided.

Actually the mail miss-placed, took some trouble and time reaching me, caused my extra time and etc..
The defendant is not responsible for any problems the USPS had in delivering the mail to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">