• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferring to colliers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

john hobbs

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois
I am tired of lawyers saying that they are going to defer to colliers when I ask for assistance. Can anyone tell me how to get around this?Let's avoid the obvious and not reply that I should contact the hall and let them handle it. That in itself is deferring. Thank you.

Beth3

I give up. What's a "collier"?????

Also, if you explain what you want to speak to an attorney about, that might shed some light on why they apparently don't want to speak to you.

J

john hobbs

I am attempting to not take offense to your reply. Attorney's obviously do not have a problem speaking to me about my case, which is not being discussed in this thread, or they wouldn't be deferring to start with my dear Beth. The problem that I am having is that they are deferring. The longer my case drags out, or so every lawyer I have spoke with has stated, the more monetary value it accrues. However, I am not after money in this case, although I would being lying if I said that I wouldn't take it. I am after justice and the right to be treated as a human being, with a little dignity and respect. So in light of having said that, I want to thank you for showing an interest or desire to attempt to assist me in my frustrating struggle to deal with this issue. Deferring to Colliers(which may, or may not, be spelled correctly) is simply a ploy(or so I feel) used by labor lawyers to up the ante in class action suits. Which is what every lawyer I have spoke to is interested in, but I am not. However, even though the list of lawyers grows shorter every week, I am still going through the list. Again, thank you for your interest and any assistance that you could be would be greatly appreciated.

Beth3

I wasn't trying to be a wise-guy - just trying to understand your issue, which is I gather that you and the attornies you've consulted differ on the legal strategy that should be pursued.

I've not heard the term "deferring to colliers" previously - a quick search at an on-line legal dictionary trying a variety of spellings came up with no match. Perhaps one of the attornies who post here periodically can enlighten us, if one of them should wander by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">