• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defimation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i belong to a fraternal organization and there is a woman who for the last 2 years has gone to everyone in the clubs and has bad mouthed me maliciously is there anything i can do legally to sue her i dont even know her or her me yet she insists on telling people things about me that arent even true


Senior Member
Have you considered asking her why she is doing this? Tell her that what she is saying is not true and is very damaging. Let her know that if it continues you will seek a legal remedy. Don't be combative or pushy. Be polite but firm. That is how I met a long time good friend. As a joke, someone told him something about me and he spread some pretty nasty things that weren't true. I cornered him in an office and demanded to know why he was saying things about me that were not true. After getting the story from him we found out we had some common interests and have been good friends ever since. It is worth a shot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential