• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Definition of non-essential employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmxl88

I have directed the person that was directly exposed to report them...
HIPPA laws so technically, I am not supposed to know about this, right? I only know because the one that was exposed, told me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
HIPAA laws do not prohibit her from telling you; nor do they prohibit you from telling what she told you. Not unless she told you in your professional capacity.

quincy

I have directed the person that was directly exposed to report them...
HIPPA laws so technically, I am not supposed to know about this, right? I only know because the one that was exposed, told me.
If you are this concerned, you should probably quit. The situation at your workplace is not apt to get better any time soon.

elmxl88

HIPAA laws do not prohibit her from telling you; nor do they prohibit you from telling what she told you. Not unless she told you in your professional capacity.
[/QUOTe/)

I don't think I should be the one to report this.. she was directly exposed and she knows what she needs to do for her safety and the safety of all in this building.

Just Blue

Then you are part of the problem. You know that elderly people are being put at high risk and sit on your hands. Sweet. When half the people in the facility die, think long and hard how you might have made a difference with just a phone call.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So you're supposed to be able to take care of yourself with no repercussions, but you have no responsibility to take care of anyone else.

Well, that tells me all I need to know. Best of luck. I'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">