• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deleter... ELG1987

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Today, 04:44 PM ELG1987 Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2012 Posts: 2

Help!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I need some good solid advice with helping my girlfriend finalize her parenting plan with her son's dad. I feel that I may need to get involved (if possible) but I want to gather up more information on how to get involved (again, if possible) or ways to get her idiot ex boyfriend to agree and finalize this parenting plan. Her and I want to get this out of the way before our son comes into the world and we really don't have that much time left, but enough of that...

First of all I live in Washington State. After witnessing the early stages of this parenting plan I've started to understand how stupid Washington state handles it's child custody cases and the guidelines that they follow as well as the laws they have concerning these cases... This is my personal opinion so no offense to any attorneys that maybe working in Washington.

OK, now to my questions and hopefully you can provide some solid feedback and please keep your sarcasm and unwanted comments to yourself. It's not welcome in this thread and I'm sure you would feel the same if you were in my shoes, plus being a service member I have no time for BS... sorry to be so blunt but that's who I am...

(1) Is there any way that I can have a "say" in this parenting plan? If so, how and what would I have to do?

(2) Her son's father as well as his family are associated with a violent gang, although he has the tattoos to show the judge seems to overlook it. What and how can I or We do to have this brought to the Judge's attention?

(3) We feel that even after the parenting plan is finalized, the father will disagree with it and start demanding changes that he wants to see happen outside of the judge's ruling knowing that the mother will stick to what the judge has ruled... Are there any ways that we can address this to the court before the parenting plan is actually finalized?

(4) How can we get this guy to quit being an immature idiot and stop making unreasonable suggestions after we come up with plans to make this parenting plan work so that he can have more time with his son...?

(5) He doesn't have a permanent stable residence to bring his son to when he has him. He's already denied this in the parenting plan and several times in court. Are there any ways that we can get solid proof that he doesn't own or rent?

This is it for now. I hope to get some real advice. THANK YOU.

#2 Today, 04:58 PM Zigner Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2005 Posts: 41,446

I would suggest that you step out and let the PARENTS handle this. You are causing more harm than good.

#3 Today, 05:02 PM CSO286 Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2010

You can do nothing. In fact, if you continue to push your way in, YOU could cost her custody.

#4 Today, 05:05 PM CJane Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2005

Any involvement beyond support to your girlfriend will HARM her case more than help it.

Are you willing to let the 'idiot ex boyfriend' have a say in your relationship with the new child? Because he has just as much right to do so as you do to insert yourself into this issue.

What does your 'service member' status have to do with anything at all? EXCEPT make it super hard for the mother of your child to EVER relocate with you when you PCS?

Nope.

Was he a member of this violent gang BEFORE she agreed to have his child?

Mom will only be obligated to follow the court order.

You cannot make anyone quit being an immature idiot. Though, you're not sounding very mature right this second either.

He will not be required to provide proof of a stable or permanent residence. And since you're a 'service member', isn't instability kind of a hazard of the job?

#5 Today, 05:06 PM ELG1987 Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2012

I am aware of that. But your response really doesn't help her...

What advice or suggestions would you have for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">