• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demoted after 25+ years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gen.nut

What is the name of your state? Washington

For 25+ years, I have worked part-time as gate supervisor at a public high school at all home sports events. At the end of football season, a new supervisor (athletic director) told me "She did not know if she could work with me." "That I did not fit the image of the new high school." "That she had cleared it with the principal to fire me if I did not meet her expectations." I decided to hang in there and try to meet her expectations. Basketball season starts in 10 days and today I was notified my supervisor position has been eliminated. That I can work as a ticket taker along side the crew I supervised for the last 7-10 years at a pay cut of $4 and hour. Ihere were 7 games I did not even get asked to work. She "did not realize I did all the games" which is rubbish because her secretary has worked as part of my crew for years and sent out the emails asking others to work. I truely think I am being discriminated against due to my age (64 years) since I do not fit the image of the new school whatever that means. By demoting me, she it trying to force me to quit. I do not know the law for public schools. I do not have a contract. What are my options?:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you believe that you have been discriminated against on account of your age, you can file a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state discrimination board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">