• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demotion or encouragement to quit?

• Thread starter confused&abusedin N.C.
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confused&abusedin N.C.

I have been employed with this company for four years as a typist. Although each department has their own secretary, I am considered back-up support staff. In my work , I have peak times and slack times. However for the most part I am extremly busy and at peak times I have more than one person can handle, but I've always managed to meet every deadline. My boss has been employed here 6 months less than I have and has not cared for me since he came here. Why? I don't know. He has treated his assistant the same way that he has treated me, but I am the one who's suffering because I went I reported his harrassment of me to his boss. At first his boss apologized to me and said she was sorry about my treatment from him, but after talking to him, everything was turned around to seem as if I was to blame for his treatment of me. He told her three lies sitting right in front of me.
To make a long story short, we acquired a new President 6 months ago and of course, he decided that as new president he would like to change a few things. He listens to input from department heads, supervisors, etc. and the next thing I know, my job has been changed from typist to switchboard operator.
The reason given me was because it had been told that I was not busy enough. Meanwhile, they replace me with someone else and change the job title, although still the same job with half the duties. To make matters worse, the new president had nor has any idea of the work that I do and neither does my supervisor. Might I add that in the four years that I've been here I have never had an appraisal or review, but I've always been told by others what great work I do how well I work on the computer. I have no say in the situation, its either except it or hit the road. I am extremely depressed. Do I have any recourse? I frankly believe that I have been sabatoged by my boss and I don't have a leg to stand on because I cannot prove it and I don't know what's been said behind my back.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by confused&abusedin N.C.:
I have been employed with this company for four years as a typist. Although each department has their own secretary, I am considered back-up support staff. In my work , I have peak times and slack times. However for the most part I am extremly busy and at peak times I have more than one person can handle, but I've always managed to meet every deadline. My boss has been employed here 6 months less than I have and has not cared for me since he came here. Why? I don't know. He has treated his assistant the same way that he has treated me, but I am the one who's suffering because I went I reported his harrassment of me to his boss. At first his boss apologized to me and said she was sorry about my treatment from him, but after talking to him, everything was turned around to seem as if I was to blame for his treatment of me. He told her three lies sitting right in front of me.
To make a long story short, we acquired a new President 6 months ago and of course, he decided that as new president he would like to change a few things. He listens to input from department heads, supervisors, etc. and the next thing I know, my job has been changed from typist to switchboard operator.
The reason given me was because it had been told that I was not busy enough. Meanwhile, they replace me with someone else and change the job title, although still the same job with half the duties. To make matters worse, the new president had nor has any idea of the work that I do and neither does my supervisor. Might I add that in the four years that I've been here I have never had an appraisal or review, but I've always been told by others what great work I do how well I work on the computer. I have no say in the situation, its either except it or hit the road. I am extremely depressed. Do I have any recourse? I frankly believe that I have been sabatoged by my boss and I don't have a leg to stand on because I cannot prove it and I don't know what's been said behind my back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You have the right to quit.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">