• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denial of further LTD benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djl8412

I had been receiving long term disability benefits for one out of a maximum 2 years for an "own Occ" policy held by my employer in Connecticut due to mental illness. The carrier has given different reasons for denial from the original date of denial and each of the two appeals. The latest denial is due to 3 occupational jobs which the carrier says were available within a 50 mile radius of my home and provided wages of 80% or greater than my police dispatcher occupation. They did not include ANY information regarding these alleged available employments or how they conducted this research. I have had problems with the carrier providing documentation in their denials and have quoted their medical, less experienced staff to render opinions. I have one more denial process remaining which I expect no remedy. I have the following questions:

1. Are fringe benefits considered along with base salaries for a calculation of 80% of my former wages?

2. Do I have legitimate legal recourse after the final appeal due to their reasons for denial being ambiguous?

The Insurance carrier is based in Missouri and I am a Connecticut resident.

Thank You

Dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">