• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denial of Medical Treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khensley

What is the name of your state? Mississippi I am wondering if a Doctor can deny you medical treatment after an appointment is scheduled? On a Monday, I returned to work with a terrible rash on face, neck, arms, torso. Called my primary doctor & made an appointment for 2:15 p.m. My insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield & we do not make payment until our EOB's & doctor bills are received. On that day after checking in the girl at the desk stated that I could not see my doctor until I paid a balance of $8.80. I told her I did not have any money on me & that I could drop it off tomorrow. I also asked why they did not tellme on the phone or send a bill & they stated that it cost more to send a bill. Her respnse No money no doctor. They turned me away even though my insurance had a contract with them.

Can they legally do that? :mad: :( :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">