• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied access to internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stymied

I presently have an account with OneMain.com. My account was assumed by them when they purchased Lightspeed.net. I have had nothing but trouble with them since. I have made my monthly payments of $24.95 to them, but now they have cut me off because I supposedly haven't paid. I have tried repeatedly to get in touch with them through the e-mail system, but they will not return my e-mail. I have tried calling them, but all you get is a recording that says, "All our representatives are presently assisting customers. The anticipated wait time is between 15 to 30 minutes." Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury to wait that long on the telephone. I have tried writing them and sending copies of my cancelled checks. I am at the end of my patience. Short of taking them to small claims, which I intend to do, is there any other actions that I can take so that other clients don't need to suffer through their "I don't care" attitude?

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Do you want to start a class action lawsuit? You can possibly get list of all their customers in a lawsuit. Is this what you really want to pursue?

S

stymied

Denied access

I hadn't thought about a class action lawsuit, but it might be needed. I was thinking more of the lines of filing a complaint with the FCC or what ever group that governs the the internet. I'll do some research to see if there are other lawsuits pending. I can't believe I am the only person that they are treating like this. Thanks for the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">