• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied doctors appointment and medication refills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PilarlindaLV

What is the name of your state?Nevada
If a patients call for refills, is the office manager allowed to deny it and deny appointment with doctor until the bill is paid in full ? Even If I offered to make payments?

FlyingRon

It would depend. If you were under active care, they can't terminate you without providing some provision for the continuance of care or at least notice. However, if you're not on ongoing care for something specific, they don't have to continue to be exploited by you.

quincy

If a patients call for refills, is the office manager allowed to deny it and deny appointment with doctor until the bill is paid in full ? Even If I offered to make payments?
Yes I'm under active care for a thyroid condition.
Could you please answer a few questions for me? Thanks.

First I want to say that a patient not paying a bill is rarely a good reason for any doctor to refuse continued treatment or refuse to provide his patient with necessary medicine. On its own, this could be considered medical malpractice

What is your thyroid condition? How long has your doctor been treating you for this condition? Are you currently in critical need of the medicine? Has your health suffered from a lack of medical care or medicine?

Can you think of any reason other than failure to pay your bill that could explain why the doctor has refused to see you or refill your prescription?

You could call a medical malpractice attorney in your area now for a free consultation but you will need to provide more facts to better determine if there is a legal action worth pursuing.

And if you have an emergency need for your thyroid medicine, don’t hesitate to go to the emergency room.

Just Blue

How many appointment do you own for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">