• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied enlistment to Military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChrisCF

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was denied enlistment in the Army because they stated I have to many tattoos. Before this decision was made their main concern was that none of my tattoos were visible in a Class A uniform. Pictures were taken at the recruiting office of my tattoos in a dress shirt which showed the tattoos would not be visible in a Class A uniform. Article 670-1 of the Army policy on tattoos states "Visible tattoos or brands on the neck, face or head are prohibited. Tattoos on other areas of the body that are prejudicial to good order and discipline are prohibited. Additionally, any type of tattoo or brand that is visible while wearing a Class A uniform and detracts from a soldierly appearance is prohibited". My right arm is sleeved and my left is partially sleeved. I also have a tattoo on the back of my neck. None visible while wearing a Class A uniform. None of my tattoos are racist, sexist or extremist. Tattoos are my way of expression which I thought was protected under the Constitution. I have filed a complaint with the ACLU but it can take up to 60 days before you receive a response. So I'm just looking for professional legal advice as they may choose to not take the case. What rights do I have if any?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Tattoos the Army Finds Objectionable - -

NUMBER 10: You have a "Property of Hell's Angels" tattoo on your thigh.

NUMBER 9: You don't know who Juanita is, but her name is tattooed on your back.

NUMBER 8: To help US fighter planes, you recently tattooed a large bull's eye on your forehead.

NUMBER 7: In case of divorce, wife gets 50% of your tattoos.

NUMBER 6: The Recruiter doesn't like the tattoo with an arrow pointing at him that says, "I'm with Stupid."

NUMBER 5: They're not thrilled with your new George Bush tattoo with the words "lick me" underneath.

NUMBER 4: They're not sure if they can live with you having suspenders permanently tattooed on your chest.

NUMBER 3: The Army is definitely not thrilled with the clown make-up permanently tattooed on your face.

NUMBER 2: Will accept you only if you remove your tattoos with a belt sander.

AND, THE NUMBER ONE Tattoo the Army Finds Objectionable - -

The Army recruiter asked you to take off your sailor outfit, but it's really a tattoo!

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

More objectionable tatoos:

1. Osama is God.
2. Iraq and Roll.
3. Saddam Rocks.
4. Pee all you can pee.
5. I'm Gay.
6. My buck privates.
7. Village People reject.
8. Kiss my Phat Ass.
9. AWOL Repeat Offender.
10. Bush sucks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, they're okay, I guess . . .

But, you're still having a little trouble "thinking sideways" like me.

Try again, and this time, think outside the box.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">