• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Equity Line of Credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwcsun

What is the name of your state? California

I applied for a equity line of credit to my bank.
I was not given the loan. The bank said "Serious Delinquency,
derogatory public record,or collection filed". The bank said to contact Experian, which I did. The bottom line Experian
deleted the lie on my credit report. Due to this slander
I lost alot of money, damage to my reputation. I asked Experian if an apology would be mailed to my bank, they
said no. Can I slander people using Experian, the way a
reporting company did to me? Do I have any recourse.

bigun

Few more details? Who reported the incorrect info? That maybe who you have recourse against. Are your other 2 credit reports correct?

K

kwcsun

My credit report from Experian says "FNB Omaha" 1620 Dodge
ST Omaha NE 68197 36055119745....

My bank did not say anything about anyother reporting agencies.

Just seems to me that Experian works with these thugs to slander american citizens.

Ladynred

All three bureaus work basically the same way. Just because the bank you went to only pulled Experian doesn't mean that the SAME error isn't on the other 2 reports. You need to also pull Equifax and TransUnion and see. If the same error is on those, you dispute with them to get it removed.

70% of all credit reports contain errors, so don't be so upset at Experian. Its only their responsibility to REPORT what is furnished to them. So your beef is with the FURNISHER first. You also need to be mindful of identity theft when you see entries that are clearly not yours so it behooves you to find out where the error came from.

K

kwcsun

I lost alot of money, of course you do not care since it was
not yours. MY question was can I use Experian to slander other people. My I start with you? Please email your SSN
and name. Yes, I own a trucking company. I cannot monitor
these agencies on a hourly basic. I can only move in a forward direction.

K

kwcsun

I would like $750,000. I know I cannot do anything against
these cowards. When I was in the Army, I could take care
of these PIGS. Time to move on. Thank You.

Ladynred

Slander is illegal and will get you sued, regardless of how you do it or who you use to do it.

Since you DID suffer damages in form of the loss of the loan, then you CAN sue for damages and inaccurate reporting (FCRA violation), but you'd have to sue the FURNISHER of the info, not Experian. They actually did the right thing and removed the erroneous entry.

No one says you have to monitor them hourly, that would be impossible, but everyone should pull all 3 credit reports at least once a year to catch crap like what you had. The CRA's are not perfect, that's for damn sure, and neither are the companies that are reporting information. If you want to be sue-happy, that's your perrogative - lots of people are suing the CRA's and creditors for reporting bad information.

Ex-Army - that explains a lot -- so go sue the people in Omaha and HOO-RAAA !;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">