• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied flight even though I had proof of purchase from LAX to RKV due to their error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beakers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I booked a flight from LAX to RKV on an airline(W) through a third-party reservation site. Although I confirmed the sale on W's site, I was told at the airport that my reservation was cancelled because the third-party didn't actually pay for the ticket. This was for my grandfathers funeral and was a last minute booking on Monday to fly Wednesday. It later turned out to be due to them changing my fight to Tuesday due to operation reasons but not informing me/having me reconfirm.

Is this worth pursuing? There is a lot more to this which I can provide if desired.

Thanks in advanced!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I booked a flight from LAX to RKV on an airline(W) through a third-party reservation site. Although I confirmed the sale on W's site, I was told at the airport that my reservation was cancelled because the third-party didn't actually pay for the ticket. This was for my grandfathers funeral and was a last minute booking on Monday to fly Wednesday. It later turned out to be due to them changing my fight to Tuesday due to operation reasons but not informing me/having me reconfirm.

Is this worth pursuing? There is a lot more to this which I can provide if desired.

Thanks in advanced!
It sounds as if your beef is with the third-party.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Worth pursuing? You mean other than getting a refund from the third party? They may (and should) offer you some sort of compensation, but if you're talking about taking them to civil court, you'd have a hard time proving damages.

And my condolences on the loss of your grandfather. Can't imagine how upsetting that must have been for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">