• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied insurance claim then....marked fraudulent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mckpao

What is the name of your state? California

I filed a vandalism burglary claim in nov 2018, finally in May 7 months later my claim was denied and then they tagged on it was fraud, closed all my bank accounts and credit cards, cancelled my 3 different types of insurance, after checking account closure they took money that was refunded to my account it shows this on my statement but they never informed me after several calls and requests they said they didnt know anything and said the account was closed, then they reopened the account another month later took 2000 from it which made it negative 2000 and closed it again, the claim I filed had both dwelling damage property damage theft of property- I had homeowner insurance jewelry blanket insurance extra personal property insurance. They split this into 2 claims with 1 deductible even though my PPV doesnt have a deductible They sent out a 3rd party investigator who was there for the dwelling damages 1st, they under paid my claim and took the entire deductible from the dwelling payment for repairs After that, I didnt hear anything for almost 2 months and they switched agents like 7 times but never sent and adjuster to my house, never an investigator, never provided me with written instructions of how to catalog the missing property, didnt reply when I would ask questions and told me do the best I can. I submitted very detailed very organized documentation- everything I submitted included a receipt of payment which since I banked with them and had credit cards with them they could see as well. Some items submitted I did not have photo documentation so I backed up receipts with alternative photos that were similar, just for visual reference, but like I said, I was told do the best you can and I thought that would be seen as helpful. They immediately started accusing me and violating the good faith law. Some written submissions were deleted from files. They accused me of photos being sent from a Verizon iphone after breakin date but before I even had Verizon service which I let them call Verizon on a 3 way call and they backed up my statement 100 They took another 3 months trying to disprove my claim and thats when they denied me and attached fraud as well. I wrote to California insurance board who finally said they can tell the insurance company what to do but the insurance company did commit bank fraud, but they also violated the good faith rule, the California 30 day decision law, the law thats states they must send an investigator for the claim and never did, they paid half the claim and found it true, they took my deductible for the claim....,and violated pretty much every law in place while screwing over my name and credit history. Since then I have discovered numerous almost exact files and disputes and complaints by USAA customers for almost the exact same thing and they were successfully sued and lost just last year as well. Can you please help me? Thank you

quincy

You should contact an attorney in your area to discuss a claim against USAA. USAA seems to be drawing a lot of attention for their less-than-honorable business practices.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

I suggest that you find an attorney who specializes in bad faith claims against insurance companies. One who has a track record of successfully suing for bad faith.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">