• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied insurance claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlp5869

Indiana
I had sergiry for sleep apnea. My insurance company said I needed pre-approval and so did my doctor. My doctor and I both called the pre-certification number on my insurance
card and got approval. The insurance company started to pay
the claims after the sergery then denied all claims and wanted their money back for claims they paid. I couldn't
find an atterny who would help me. My qeustion is how long do I have to appeal the insurance companies denial, and where can I find someone to help me with this problem.

ALawyer

What was the basis for denial of the claim? If you lied on the application for insurance and the policy had been recently (within 2 years) issued, the fact that they gave "pre-approval" for this procedure is not a bar to suing to rescind or deny claims.

IF this is an old policy write the insurance department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">