• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied LTD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewlery

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

Both my primary doctor and my pulmonary doctor have submitted a letter to my insurance company indicating that I should not work because of a chronic lung disease. My insurance company has denied my claim because they feel like I can work. My doctors have informed them that I have had this problem for over 10 years and it is getting worse. Do you think anything can be done about this if I get an attorney?

ALawyer

It all depends on the PRECISE facts -- including the exact medical condition and situation, the nature of your job, your training and experience, the policy's definition of "disability" and how "occupation" is covered in the policy, and in terms of leverage, whether the policy was privately purchased or party of an employer sponsored plan, and in terms of equity, wheter Social Security Disabilty has kicked in and how long you had the policy, and the amount and duration of the coverage (e.g. if it is $50 per week for 26 weeks, forget about it).

BY ALL MEANS contact a few insurance lawyers and ask if they can help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">