• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Medical Discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
I received a sign-in bonus from the National Guard and was honorably discharged in 2017. The VA rated me as 100% total and permanently disabled for PTSD and other combat injuries. I was also medically retired from my civilian position with Army DOD for PTSD and receive SSDI for PTSD. The National Guard would not initiate an MEB. l have to pay-back my sign-in bonus if not medically retired. I can't afford an attorney. My State Senator was not helpful.
Last edited:


Senior Member
Ya lost me.. was your honorable discharge for medical reasons?

Was your discharge date earlier than your contracted discharge date?

If you fulfilled your contract, what is the basis of rescinding the sign on bonus? Did your contract alllow for a rescission of the sign on bonus if you failed to complete your contract for any reason? If so, what reason(s) would trigger that?
Sponsored Ad