• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied on buying a gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eddier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
So back in November i tried to my first gun (a Sig p226 9mm handgun for those wondering) but during the background check it when i got the letter from the D.O.J. it said i was a fugitive from the law, when i looked into it, it turned out that i had 2 failure to appears for some driving infractions, i went to get that taken care of with a new court date almost a month later on the 7th of December, so i finally get that taken care of and was told that the 2 failures to appears would be off my record within 10 days, so now almost 2 weeks later i want to try again to buy the gun, so what i want to know is now that i cleared the issue with the court and the problem is cleared on their computers will it be cleared on the D.O.J.'s computers too or is that whole different process?

FlyingRon

You were a fugitive from the law.

I assume these warrants were from some other California court. They should clear pretty fast for PFEC purposes. You should be good now if you appeared and paid your fines on the 7th.

Nice gun by the way. I shoot a P229 in .357SIG

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">