• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied opportunity to purchase franchise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

er47j6

What is the name of your state?Nevada
Is it legal for an Area Director of a franchisor to indicate he will not proceed in selling a franchise if I now have the funds available to purchase?
Some background:
Was approved via my submitted application for total assets, but could not "seriously" proceed as I did not have the liquid capital to purchase.
Brother-in-law joined in as an approved partner, but then later backed out.
This frustrated the Area Director and he has said he now will not sell the franchise. I cant argue this has been a frustrating process, but if I have the finances, is it legal for him to turn me down? I have the finances now as I learned I could turn my 401k into an ERSOP. I didn't want to touch this before, but now that I know there would be no taxes or penalties on this type of rollover I would like to proceed. Unfortunately, the Area Director will not work with me anymore and has told me not to call him.
Your input is greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

er47j6 said:
What is the name of your state?Nevada
Is it legal for an Area Director of a franchisor to indicate he will not proceed in selling a franchise if I now have the funds available to purchase?
Some background:
Was approved via my submitted application for total assets, but could not "seriously" proceed as I did not have the liquid capital to purchase.
Brother-in-law joined in as an approved partner, but then later backed out.
This frustrated the Area Director and he has said he now will not sell the franchise. I cant argue this has been a frustrating process, but if I have the finances, is it legal for him to turn me down? I have the finances now as I learned I could turn my 401k into an ERSOP. I didn't want to touch this before, but now that I know there would be no taxes or penalties on this type of rollover I would like to proceed. Unfortunately, the Area Director will not work with me anymore and has told me not to call him.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
**A: yes, it is legal.

E

er47j6

although disappointed in the answer,thanks Homeguru for your prompt input

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">