• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lorin2019

A Periodontist had his hygenist perform deep cleaning and did it in two visits with a followup third visit. I kept asking how much was covered and he kept saying it should mostly be covered. I paid him $300 up front to cover my portion. He never did verify and should have told me he didn't . I got a bill for $1000 because it wasn't covered. Now he is threatening to sue me in limited jurisdiction so I would pay a lot more if I lose. What should I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And you didn't call the insurance carrier yourself to find out what was covered because...?

Lorin2019

They didn't cover it because I am only eligible for a cleaning every 3 years but I did not know that. Regardless I kept asking him to please verify and they said they would and made it appear as if they did a preliminary and had a call in. I would not have gone thru all the cleaning if I knew I would pay $1300. I ENDED UP WITH $1500 IN MY DENTAL PLAN WHICH WAS NEVER USED AND WENT TO WASTE. Ignor caps.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It was not your doctor's responsibility to verify what was covered. It was yours. Sorry, you owe the bill.

quincy

A Periodontist had his hygenist perform deep cleaning and did it in two visits with a followup third visit. I kept asking how much was covered and he kept saying it should mostly be covered. I paid him $300 up front to cover my portion. He never did verify and should have told me he didn't . I got a bill for $1000 because it wasn't covered. Now he is threatening to sue me in limited jurisdiction so I would pay a lot more if I lose. What should I do?
What is the name of your state, Lorin?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">