• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Claims not being paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tessememucho

What is the name of your state?
Massachusetts

My employer has run into bad times. As a result I was put on furlough. After 3 months I needed to get on with a new job, so I requested to be formally terminated.

I was terminated.

The company provided dental insurance. For services provided to me and my family over the past year or so, the providers submitted claims to the insurers, but were never paid. The insurer says that they won't pay until my former employer pays their overdue premiums.

So now the providers are coming after me to pay the bills, because my former employer has failed to stay current on their premiums.

What is my recourse?

Thanks.

Beth3

Were the dental premiums 100% employer paid or did employees make any sort of premium contribution?

Beth3

I don't think there's anything you can do then. Your employer is not obligated to provide insurance benefits and since there were no employee premium contributions that weren't forwarded to the insurance carrier, the ball is entirely in your employer's court. They can cancel coverage anytime they wish.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">