• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barthlej

No i don't have a witness and he has no staff he is by himself in the office(house). I asked him several times where his staff was and he always gave some excuse why they were out..... her child was ill or errands.... i should have know something was up when he said he could not submit my request to insurance ahead of time because it was so close the the end of year and by the time he MAILED the info to Humana it would be after the new year when he heard back and i would loose by benefits for the year so it was important we do it ASAP. That is why now i take note when i drive by how many cars are in the parking lot if any and it is always only his or none. He also stated to me when he was asking my insurance information that he does several other employees dental work, i have yet to find one person who has used him and our insurance pays him (not that i have asked every employee) according to Humana he is out of network so he is just a crooked liar and swindler. So how will he prove he did any work on me what so ever beyond xrays?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No i don't have a witness and he has no staff he is by himself in the office(house). I asked him several times where his staff was and he always gave some excuse why they were out..... her child was ill or errands.... i should have know something was up when he said he could not submit my request to insurance ahead of time because it was so close the the end of year and by the time he MAILED the info to Humana it would be after the new year when he heard back and i would loose by benefits for the year so it was important we do it ASAP. That is why now i take note when i drive by how many cars are in the parking lot if any and it is always only his or none. He also stated to me when he was asking my insurance information that he does several other employees dental work, i have yet to find one person who has used him and our insurance pays him (not that i have asked every employee) according to Humana he is out of network so he is just a crooked liar and swindler. So how will he prove he did any work on me what so ever beyond xrays?
Crooked? Not from what you've said. A liar? Perhaps. A swindler? Not from what you've said.

Again, the fact that he's a small business (even if it's only HIM) doesn't make him less of a dentist. YOUR insurance PAID him. You are responsible for the balance. I understand that you desperately want things to be different, but the fact of the matter is that you bear a large part of the responsibility in this matter.

Barthlej

I think he thought he would get the $1500 from Humana and when he didn't only $300 he changed his tune but thanks for the input.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think he thought he would get the $1500 from Humana and when he didn't only $300 he changed his tune but thanks for the input.
I think you're abso-dang-lutely right! That doesn't change the fact that YOU are responsible for the balance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">