• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental HMO insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chance-d

I have dental insurance and of course if I go to a dentist in the "Network", the amount of money coming out of my pocket is less. I recently had a bad toothache and went to the dentist my Dental insurance told me was in the network. This root canal is done over several visits and about the 2nd visit I phoned my insurance and asked how much money I would be required to pay. My dental insurance stated that I owe $88 and they would cover the remaining. Sating that since this dentist is in the network they have a Pre-negotiatied price on root canals.
Well...I now recieve a bill from the dentist for $395. The dentist says they are NOT in the "NETWORK". I phoned the insurance back. The insurance says thte dentist "IS" in the "NETWORK". I phone the dentist back. The dentist says they have withdrawn from the "NETWORK" and are NOT in the "NETWORK" I phone the insurance again..and yes..you geussed it..they say the dentist "IS" in the "NETWORK"
Meanwhile..I am in the middle of this with a bill for $395 hurting my credit that I dont think I should have to pay and an unfinished root canal.
What are my legal options to get the insurance to pay this bill or else get the dentist to not charge me persoanlly for this procedure?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">