• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DAVID ROSS

i live in west virginia and have a dental plan with my company. on jan.31,2001 several employees were laid-off myself included. on jan.8,2001 my wife and children went to dentist for 6 month cleaning. we received payment for 2 of the 3 cleanings and now the dental insurance is saying the company did not notify them promptly and are sending us a overpayment statement for the 2 claims already processed and paid. can the insurance do this and if not can we get them to pay for the 3rd claim?

sorry there is a typo on the dates above. was laid off on dec.31,2000. had just spoken to insurance and very upset.

[Edited by DAVID ROSS on 03-08-2001 at 07:00 PM]

ALawyer

I don't undertstand. Why was't the insurance was in effect when your family went in January as you were not laid off until the end of the month? Now if the company didn't pay the premuim to the insurance company and now the insurance company is going after you, that's a different story.

Complain to your former employer. And also to the West VA Departments of Labor and Insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">