• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thegoddess

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I had a bridge replaced about 2 months ago. At the first visit the assistant did not remove the strings put in for the impression. The temporary was installed and then trimmed in my mouth. I had lacerations all along my gum line and 2 days later I was in extreme pain and my face was swollen to my eyes. I was seen 3 times before the bridge was installed and I received a shot of Novocain. Within 2-3 days after my visit my face would swell up and I would have extreme pain that radiated my entire mouth. I was seen a total of 5 visits from start to finish and an extra one because they chipped a tooth. Every time I experienced the same reaction. I am now going to an ENT because I am still having residual pain and swelling. Could this be due to negligence on the dentist part?

quincy

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I had a bridge replaced about 2 months ago. At the first visit the assistant did not remove the strings put in for the impression. The temporary was installed and then trimmed in my mouth. I had lacerations all along my gum line and 2 days later I was in extreme pain and my face was swollen to my eyes. I was seen 3 times before the bridge was installed and I received a shot of Novocain. Within 2-3 days after my visit my face would swell up and I would have extreme pain that radiated my entire mouth. I was seen a total of 5 visits from start to finish and an extra one because they chipped a tooth. Every time I experienced the same reaction. I am now going to an ENT because I am still having residual pain and swelling. Could this be due to negligence on the dentist part?
Could it be due to dentist negligence? Yes. It's possible.

Having another dentist look at your dental records can determine this better.

Do you have any allergies that could have contributed to the reactions you experienced?

thegoddess

Could it be due to dentist negligence? Yes. It's possible.

Having another dentist look at your dental records can determine this better.

Do you have any allergies that could have contributed to the reaction you experienced?
I am allergic to sulfa drugs and the dentist was well aware of that fact.

quincy

I am allergic to sulfa drugs and the dentist was well aware of that fact.
Okay. I don't see that as a factor in your reaction but my knowledge of sulfa drugs admittedly is very limited.

I have concerns not only for the effects the procedures had on you but also with your tooth being chipped.

It sounds to me that a second opinion offered by another dentist after a personal examination is a good first step to take. Depending on what the dentist says, you can then make an appointment with a dental malpractice attorney. The initial consultation should be free.

Good luck.

LdiJ

Okay. I don't see that as a factor in your reaction but my knowledge of sulfa drugs admittedly is very limited.

I have concerns not only for the effects the procedures had on you but also with your tooth being chipped.

It sounds to me that a second opinion offered by another dentist after a personal examination is a good first step to take. Depending on what the dentist says, you can then make an appointment with a dental malpractice attorney. The initial consultation should be free.

Good luck.
I am allergic to sulfa drugs. The normal allergy to sulfa drugs presents as hives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">