• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist extra charges without my knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linkavb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I've been going to dentist and we agreed on large sum of $$$$ he's charging for all his services he's performing. Recently he presented me with my ledger and there's an additional $450 charge (something I totally did not expect).

Additional payment was never discussed with me. I did not receive a warning. Nobody talked to me about extra charge. It's just there.... so the dentist charged me a large sum of money and now he quietly charges me extra. He has my insurance info and I am afraid if he's going to file those charges with insurance co.

After I brought it up, they said the bill will be adjusted BUT the services I received that day are EXTRA and they announced it to me AFTER the service was done!

What rights do I have?
Thanks

ecmst12

If the additional services were necessary (if unexpected), would you have wanted them to give you incomplete treatment?

linkavb

no, the service wasn't something that I needed an immediate attention. It was something that I didn't even plan on having. They called me less than 24 hours prior asked me to come an hour earlier for cleaning. They did cleaning and I'd done cleaning 1.5 months ago. So that's not scheduled cleaning or anything**************then after the cleaning they presented me with $450 charge..... and the cleaning took only 30 minutes instead of an hour.

ecmst12

$450 for a cleaning? Is that normally what it costs?

You should not have expected that you were getting an extra cleaning for free.

linkavb

Nobody said I was getting free cleaning nor they'd charge extra for the cleaning on top of my $$$$ amount we already agreed and he said it was included in price.

You sound like you are on dentist's side. Imagine yourself going to car dealership for your oil change routine procedure. You get your car back in an hour and they tell you : "Oh we also had to replace a few things in your car" the bill is $450 vs $45 - what you were expected for the oil change.

ecmst12

Well the law says you need to pay for the services you received. Have you asked for an explanation for the discrepancy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">