• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist Failed to Inform

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allisonp320

First of all, I need to mention that the dentist is a medicaid dentist that I took my daughter to for years. He would talk to me after every visit, and would tell me about the progress of my daughter's dental health. He never gave her a bad report. Then, when Covid-19 hit, he decided to retire his practice and it was a year before I found another dentist to go to. When we went, they told me about her having 13 cavities, and needing root canals, etc.. And I got a second opinion because I couldn't believe her dental health had deteriorated that much in only a year. I asked the second dentist about this, and they said that it's highly unlikely. The only thing this could mean, would be that her dentist had lied about any work she needed to have done, simply because medicaid wouldn't cover it. I feel that if he wouldn't have held this information from us, that we could have been doing some preventive measures to keep this from happening. Shouldn't he be held accountable for this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Did the doctor who gave you the second opinion (that you hadn't had done when you posted down the street) actually examine your daughter's mouth?

zddoodah

Why are you posting in all bold-italics?

So....you had one dentist until COVID hit and have since consulted two dentists who've given you the same information? If so, you should consult with a medical malpractice attorney.

quincy

First of all, I need to mention that the dentist is a medicaid dentist that I took my daughter to for years. He would talk to me after every visit, and would tell me about the progress of my daughter's dental health. He never gave her a bad report. Then, when Covid-19 hit, he decided to retire his practice and it was a year before I found another dentist to go to. When we went, they told me about her having 13 cavities, and needing root canals, etc.. And I got a second opinion because I couldn't believe her dental health had deteriorated that much in only a year. I asked the second dentist about this, and they said that it's highly unlikely. The only thing this could mean, would be that her dentist had lied about any work she needed to have done, simply because medicaid wouldn't cover it. I feel that if he wouldn't have held this information from us, that we could have been doing some preventive measures to keep this from happening. Shouldn't he be held accountable for this?
What is the name of your state?

quincy

Thanks. I provided a link that you can use to find a malpractice attorney in your area. Initial consultations are (generally) free.

Many malpractice attorneys work on a contingency basis - you do not pay unless a lawsuit is successful. The attorney fees will be paid from the damages awarded.

lifeessential24

A medical malpractice attorney is a lawyer focused on helping patients who have been injured by a doctor or hospital while under their care. When a medical malpractice lawyer takes your case he or she has to prove that the doctor or hospital that was providing your care was negligent in their care. Even if it is clear your doctor did something wrong, that is, that he broke the rules of his profession, there are still other factors that must be considered such as how much harm was caused, or whether the breaking of the rules can be proved.

quincy

A medical malpractice attorney is a lawyer focused on helping patients who have been injured by a doctor or hospital while under their care. When a medical malpractice lawyer takes your case he or she has to prove that the doctor or hospital that was providing your care was negligent in their care. Even if it is clear your doctor did something wrong, that is, that he broke the rules of his profession, there are still other factors that must be considered such as how much harm was caused, or whether the breaking of the rules can be proved.
This site provides U.S. law references and U.S. legal information and direction specific to a poster’s U.S. state. Although generic information is fine, it could be important for you to note that the laws in the U.S. differ in significant ways from the laws in the U.K.

lifeessential24

This site provides U.S. law references and U.S. legal information and direction specific to a poster’s U.S. state. Although generic information is fine, it could be important for you to note that the laws in the U.S. differ in significant ways from the laws in the U.K.
Yes, I know that but, I just want to say that if these laws are also applied in the UK then how much is great?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">